We are seeking candidates for a Tier II Support Technician for our white glove IT & Cyber MSP practice. This is a growth opportunity with endless potential for the right technician looking to apply expertise and grow in the IT MSP & cybersecurity space. Our heritage is rooted in high growth, disruptive technology products & services that serve the Enterprise, Service Provider & SMB markets. We are digital first, collaborative, forward thinkers who are obsessed with the customer experience.
The Support Technician’s role is to ensure smooth operation and functionality of client’s systems in a timely manner so that end users can accomplish their business tasks. The IT Support Technician II will work with our help/service desk, NOC and end users to resolve support escalations and fulfil service requests in a timely manner. They will have access to a complete set of SaaS based tools [ticketing, documentation, remote management software, etc] to assure customer success.
The IT Technician will possess an ability to resolve problems at a high level, demonstrate extraordinary customer service skills, and rely on strong multi-tasking and organizational skills. IT Technicians are expected to display good interpersonal skills as they will interact with cross functional colleagues, executives and on occasion company CEO’s.
This is a full-time position that typically requires 40-45 hours per week. Travel within the Central Texas area is also required from time to time. The candidate should expect to work nights and weekends on occasion to assure mission critical operations and business continuity for clients. A DPS background check will be required, and full-time employment will be offered after completion of a successful 90-day review.
- Work with clients both remotely and on-site to resolve problems with: Windows 10, Apple / Mac
- MS Office/ M/O365 administration, management & security
- PC troubleshooting including re-installing OS and profile migration
- Work with and troubleshoot network printers, routing, and scanners
- Administer & troubleshoot user accounts in Active Directory and Exchange
- Work with RMM tools and NOC to: Remotely assist users, perform required proactive systems maintenance, Identify critical errors.
- Manage resolution of all support, service and remediation actions in PSA/RMM tools.
- Quickly learn new software products, work with end-users to resolve issues, and assist them in using software
- Work with our voice & security support channels to expedite resolution for our clients.
- Develop and iterative technical documentation, diagrams, etc within online tools to serve as a knowledge base for handling support issues.
- Train and mentor new employees as needed to ensure team success
Our Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years of experience in a technical support, help desk, network support position
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Experienced w/Microsoft Windows 10 and Active Directory; Microsoft Office 2016, 2019 and M365
- Comfortable using portfolio of digital tools to manage, document & support clients.
- Excellent PC Desktop, Laptop, and Mac troubleshooting skills
- Desire to be involved in all aspects of systems and network projects
- Preferred certifications include CompTIA, Network+, MCSA, CCNA
Education & Abilities:
- Strong customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and project management skills
- Able to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Innovative and able to recommend new methods and solutions to problems and issues
- Comfort level serving as an IT Analyst and IT Specialist at the same time
- Jack of all trades mind set
- Associates Degree and/or 3 years’ experience preferred.
Exposure and Familiarity with the following is very helpful:
- Windows Server, Windows & Mac Operating Systems
- Windows 10 software installation and upgrades
- Windows Server 2016/2019, Virtualization technologies (VMWare, Hyper-V, etc.)
- Microsoft Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services, and Exchange
- Cross-training with 3rd party VOIP service providers
- Cisco ASA/PIX, switches, routers, networking, Ethernet
- Cisco Meraki router configuration and licensing
- Powershell scripting
- VLANs, VPN’s and QoS
- Active Directory and Azure AD
- Security and access control experience a plus
- RMM, PSA Software
- Remote Access Technologies: RDP, Kaseya, LogMeIn, Atera
- Best practices for MSP service delivery
- Remote & onsite support experience
- Backup solutions and applications (Datto, Veeam, carbonite, etc.)
- Network protocols (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Networking and configurations (Switching, routing, firewalls)
- OpenDNS, PA, Webroot, etc
- A general understanding of the ITIL based industry is expected; familiarity with IT management consulting services is helpful.
- Adherence to all job-related practices, policies, and procedures.
- Reliable transportation and current auto insurance to travel for onsite customer support.
The perks of being a Tier II Support Specialist:
- Generous commission for identifying sales opportunities
- Paid Time Off
- Specialized training
- Business-Casual office attire
- Infinite growth & professional development opportunities
- Upward mobility
This role will initially be remote and some travel in and around the Austin region will be required.
Please resumes to email@example.com